Happy New Year!
I hope you’ve had some wonderful time off, some family time, good food and good company (plus some great presents, too!)
I’ve had fabulous rest over Christmas and New Year, after my busiest year so far. I’m now thinking and planning for the year ahead of me.
Not a big one for New Year’s Resolutions, normally (apart from 2000 when I gave up smoking, very proud of that one) I had a think both personally and in terms of my business and found there were actually some genuine changes I want to make, so I thought I would share them with you. Maybe in the hope that telling you might help me stick to them. We’ll see how it goes…
- go to bed earlier by far my worst habit, I am never in bed before 1 am at the earliest, no matter how tired I am. This is not good!
- go back into reading novels. I’ve never really got back into reading since having my daughter (who is now 5) and I’ve not read one at all for over a year. Truly shocking as I always was an avid reader. Maybe if I got back into reading in bed, this would help with no. 1….
- de-clutter. I know, I know – everyone has this on their list, but I read a very inspiring post over at bugs and fishes called Less 365 and although I won’t be able to get rid of a thing a day, I should be able to step up to the mark and do one a month, so Less 12 for me.
- take and share on this blog at least 1 photo a month of something that is really inspiring me at the moment. Well, I started here with these photos I took on a walk around Hebden Bridge with the family yesterday :)
- take a walk outside at least once a month by myself with my camera (might help with no. 4)
- take a jewellery making taster course with a view to deciding which area of jewellery-making I would like to focus on for further study. I really want to move my jewellery on by creating more of it myself from scratch. I feel this will enable me to really push my designs in a new direction, and not be limited by the findings on offer.
- use my diary PROPERLY!